Sunday, February 15, 2015

Another Snow Storm - Wah! (whining font here)

ENOUGH WITH THE SNOW!!

Enough with the bite-ass-cold wind chill! Enough with the blizzards! Enough with the snow drifts! Enough with winter!!!

I am SO over winter right now!

Cuddle-bugs trying
to stay warm
Granted I knew early on when I moved to Maine that this is typical come mid-February, everyone goes a little stir crazy. Ever heard of cabin fever? Well it is real! The weather is relentless. We are fricking cold. There is white stuff for days, and miles, and coming through the windows and doors. There comes a point where you want to take off all the layers, feel warmth on your skin, but nope that's not happening for many more months, and we all know it and we all get a little grumpy because of it....grumble, grumble.

Even the dogs are going crazy. The snow is so plentiful and deep, they have no where to run and play. Not to mention how cold it is. They go on poop and pee strikes refusing to go outside in the 40 mph winds, only to come in seconds later completely white covered in snow, most likely not having done their business. I mean who can blame them!? I certainly don't want to be outside for any longer than absolutely necessary. I can't even imagine having to drop trow and tinkle. I don't even like to pee when the toilet seat is cold. Poor puppies.


Even the dogs are going crazy! Listen to them making velociraptor noises into each other's mouths, haha!

I am so over it. And yes, I know, I am the one who chose to live here, I am the Southern CA girl who, for-god-knows-what-reason, moved to Maine (to freeze apparently!), blahedy blah. Four seasons is fun and all, but yeah not so much when all you want to do is ball up under the blanket and stay warm and eat - oh wait I think they call that hibernating. I get it! And that's all I want to do. Hibernate.

It is really hard to focus on health and wellness when you don't want to take your warmest jammies off all day, and all you want to do is eat yummy warm, gooey foods, and cuddle and watch movies all day. Sure I can pull my big girl panties on and buck up and workout and write and drink my green juice - and I do - but there is a force much stronger than any good intentioned strong will can stand up to and that is a full fledged Maine winter.

Look at the
shape of these snow flakes!
So what's a girl to do....continue to buck up and stick it out until spring? Yeah, I don't think so. Try as you might not to gain some extra winter padding (you gotta stay warm somehow), be super focused and write and create (there is only so much writing and creating you can do when you are frozen), or do what I have found to be the only solution - run. Plan a trip to sunny SoCal and bid the winter adieu (at least for a week or so!). Booking tickets now!

It sure can be pretty though - shhh, I didn't say that out loud.